|Visit the GCTM home page for users here
Module 1 is - Play World Grooves:
Study world grooves from 4 different countries:
Cuba - Scotland - India - Ghana
World grooves are taught using DVD and backing CDs with a mixture of ‘learn by ear’ and “study with notation”. Each groove style is taught using approaches consistent with
music teaching in the country of origin and ends with a fun piece for performance.
In the remaining 7 modules:
- Use the internet to create world music compilation CDs
from ABC Playlists on the iTunes Store (vouchers included).
- Research the music tastes of parents and grandparents and hold a ‘Top of the Parent Pops’.
- Older children teach a music session to younger children
- Compose original music and raps and record using the fantastic ‘drag
& drop’ Edirol RO9 mp3 recorder (bundled with the pack)
- Carry out a comprehensive enterprise project:
Make and sell a CD of your original music!
- Study rights, copyright, and definitions of ‘music theft’
GCTM fully meets the vision of Curriculum for Excellence and
Curriculum for the Future.